If you grew up reading classic fables, you know the story of the town mouse and the country mouse. But for those of you who may have forgotten, or never heard the story, let us fill you in a little bit...
Country mouse loves his little home until his cousin from the big city comes to visit and tells him all about his life there. So country mouse decides to pack his bags and go back to the city with his cousin to experience it for himself. In the end (and after a scary confrontation with a cat), he decides his little home in the country is not so bad after all.
Are you wondering how this story relates to Harmony? Easy. Harmony has that small town, country-living feel while also featuring many big city amenities and benefits, too. Let's talk about a few...
- 12.5 miles of walking, hiking and bicycle trails through some of the 7,700 acres of conservation areas. Talk about country! With over 7,000 acres of conservation land and trails galore, there is no question that Harmony is situated away from the hustle and bustle of any big city life.
- Two natural lakes, Buck Lake and Cat Lake. A fan of canoeing, kayaking, or fishing? When you live in Harmony you can do any number of these activities any day of the week. Why? These lakes are literally in your backyard. Who wouldn't love to come home from a long day at the office and unwind on the water?
- A-rated Harmony High School and a K-8 Community School within walking distance of every home. Having a school (let alone two!) within walking distance certainly attests to the notion that Harmony has that small town feel. However, the fact that they are A-rated means they aren't just ol' one-room school houses. These schools boast state-of-the-art technology and some of the finest teachers in Osceola County.
- Harmony Golf Preserve, a Johnny Miller Signature course. What does this even mean? Johnny Miller is a former US professional golfer, a golf analyst/broadcaster, and an active golf course architect. This means that Harmony's golf course is not just any old golf course. For avid golfers, you'll be happy to know these course stats: USGA Yardage, Rating/Slope: 7,428 yards, 76.1 Rating/136 Slope.
- A Town Square with restaurants, a grocery store, businesses, and shops. This is one of the features that really makes Harmony stand out from other communities in the area. Being able to walk or bike to the local grocery store and restaurants is an amenity that gives it that big city feel, but keeps everything low key and quaint all at the same time.
- Just 20 minutes from Medical City, 25 minutes to the airport, 30 minutes to Disney World, and 40 minutes to the Atlantic beaches. When you're really looking for big city life, you just have to step outside of the community to find whatever you're searching for. From major theme parks, to hospitals, to shopping centers, and more...it's all within a short drive of Harmony.
So, whether you're a country mouse or town mouse at heart, Harmony just may be the perfect place for you to call home. It's truly the best of both worlds!